Rated the No. 2 water park in the world and the No. 1 in Asia, Waterbom has to be a must for anyone planning a trip to Bali.
Wow, what a place. I don’t want to sound like I’m being paid to endorse Waterbom but it has every box ticked. Don’t get me wrong, entry is very expensive and if you want to grab digital copies of your photos then they bleed you dry. However taking the financial implications away, this will be one of the best water parks you ever go to.
Let’s get straight to the crux of it and talk about how much you’ll spend.
Entry per person – 500,000 Indonesian Rupiah (Rp) $38/£31
- 2 rides were closed in the morning when we arrived so they discounted 15% of our entry, even though the rides opened at midday and we lost no time on them. I thought this was a nice touch by Waterbom staff.
Photos (3 Printed and all Digital copies) – Rp600,000 $45/£37
- If you want the digital copies of the photos that have been taken of you then you have to get three printed copies as well. This is the one thing, all day, I thought was an unnecessary and irritating cost. On the receipt it states that digital copies cost Rp200,000 but have to be bought as part of a pack, that’s a Rp400,000 spend on something we didn’t actually want.
Waterproof Cash Band – Rp250,000 per person $19/£15
- If you want to buy anything in the park then you have to use one of the provided bar code bands. Before you go in you deposit a certain amount on the band and use this as your cash for the day. This is enough money for one person to buy drinks, ice cream, lunch and other miscellaneous snacks. Top tip, the bakery goods all go to half-price at 4.30pm to clear the stock, so eat your weight in brownies and cookies then.
The whole of Waterbom is seamlessly designed to incorporate all of the rides, paths, bridges, bathing areas and pools, into the incredible landscape gardening they have achieved. Wherever you walk you feel as if you’re in the middle of a jungle. I believe they have done this, not only for the beauty, but to cover large areas of the park in shade. This was fantastic, for me especially, as sunburn in waterparks is usually a serious issue, but not here. This picture of the lazy river illustrates the point.
Waterbom is first and foremost spotless. There is not a speck of dirt or rubbish to be found. And, judging by the amount of staff, this is something they pride themselves on.
There is a very large and broad range of slides to choose from. Tame to extremely EXTREME. Some slides you might stop moving half way down, and others begin with you standing upright on a trap door which disappears beneath your feet to a vertical drop.
Unfortunately only a selection of slides allow you to use an action camera due to safety reasons, but take a look at some of the footage we got throughout this post.
- Toilets are located throughout the park. They are extremely well maintained and western.
- A prayer room is located at the site, in a quiet and secluded side area.
- Private wooden booths are available to purchase throughout the park for a minimum of Rp200,000 for a two person booth. These have electronic waiter buttons and menus so you literally don’t have to move. Although who goes to a waterpark to sleep…
- The central pool has a permanent large volleyball area with ball and a swim to bar.
- You can do artificial surfing, however this does cost extra.
- As you go round you will have people taking photos of you, every time they do this they will scan a special photo band you have. At the end you can purchase these pictures.
- Arrive when Waterbom opens. You will not get bored and in the first 2 hours you won’t have to queue (low season only, we were not there in high season).
- Take in your action camera from the start; if you arrive at a slide that does not allow it then they have special temporary numbered boxes for you to store it in at the entry to every slide.
- Bakery Half Price Happy Hour! – 4.30pm
Have you been to Waterbom and had a different or similar experience? Do you have any questions that I haven’t answered? Let me know in the comments section below!